Thai Basil Minced Meat Spaghetti with Poached Egg
Not too long ago I shared my favourite recipe of Thai basil chicken in the blog. Since I still have a bunch of Thai sweet basil leaves in the fridge, instead of making the usual Thai basil chicken (check out the recipe here), I made the stir-fry Thai basil meat pork. For the more adventurous gastronomical experience, I have indeed made a brilliant twist to the recipe where I substituted the rice to spaghetti and fried sunny-side up with a poached egg.
This fusion dish scored high once again and I have received tons of compliments for this dish. Check it out.
500g minced pork
1/2 cup of Thai holy basil
3 stalks of red chilies (diced) - preferably with seeds on
6-8 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp of cooking oil
350g of spaghetti
eggs (poached or fried)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar
corn starch solution (optional)
1. Cook the pasta by following the instructions on the packet. Drained and set the pasta for later used.
2. Heat up the cooking oil in the pan. Stir fry the minced garlic and chilies till aromatic.
2. Add in the minced pork and continue to stir til the minced pork are cooked.
3. Add in the sauce and keep stir frying til everything is well mix (30sec to 1min).
4. Turn off the heat and toss in the holy basil in and stir well.
5. Toss in the pasta into the cooked minced pork and stir well.
Plate the spaghetti, top it with a poached egg on top and serve. The poached egg is perfectly done. The running yolk added the creaminess to the spaghetti and minced meat. Yummy!!
If you are not put off by the unique taste of Thai sweet basil, I strongly recommend this pasta dish to you.