Korean Jajiangmyeon a.k.a Black-beans Sauce Noodles

Sunday, October 30, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

jajiangmyeon

I still have half a tub of unused black-beans paste sitting in the pantry. I diligently 'researching' for recipes that using black-beans paste, reason being, I really need to get it consumed before it went expired. I was super delighted to discover that the black-beans paste is actually the key ingredient for the infamous jajiangmyeon. I love jajiangmyeon and I would definitely give the recipe a try.

With the interest of time, I shopped the ingredients in the local supermarket. I get most of the ingredients except for the daikon radish, perhaps it is not in season now. I then substitutes the daikon radish with the normal carrot. 


I adore fusion cooking, hence I am using spaghetti instead of yellow noodles. To my surprise the spaghetti paired absolutely well with the jajiang sauce. The taste is well balance as the saltiness of the sauce is harmonized by the mild tasting spaghetti. Plus, the al-dente spaghetti taste added a great bite (chewy) to the dish. A great thumb-up!

Ingredients

1 carrot (cut into dice size)
1 zucchini (cut into dice size)
2 onion (cut into chunky size)
5 medium size potatoes (cut into dice size)
200 chicken pieces (diced)
5-7 button mushroom (sliced)
cucumber (cut into thin matchsticks)
3 tbsp of black-beans paste
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp of sugar
cooking oil
corn starch solution (2 tbsp corn starch powder and 1/4 cup water)
water

Direction

1. In a shallow pot, heat up some cooking oil. stir fry the carrot for 1 minutes
2. Add in the potato cubes, onion chunks and zucchini. Keep stiring until the potatoes turn slightly
translucent.

3. Add in the chicken pieces and stir for 1 minute.
3. Add in the black-beans paste, dark soy sauce and sugar and stir well till.
4. Add 2 cups of water and close the lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add in the corn starch solution and stir till the sauce is thicken.
6. Garnish the dish with cucumber strips

The jajiang sauce is ready and you can serve it with either noodles or steamed rice.


Mix everything together using my secret weapon, the chopsticks.


Chunky potatoes, zucchini and carrot ... yum


Sesame seeds added the nutty taste to the jajiang spaghetti. Super tasty!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...