Hainanese Chicken Chop Made Easy & Tasty
Kluang Station cafe serves a pretty good rendition of Hainanese Chicken Chop. My last visit to homeland was not a fruitful gastronomical adventure due to a untimely sore throat. I did not get to taste my all time favourite Hainanese Chicken Chop. The way to settle this 'unfinished affair' with Hainanese Chicken Chop is to dish up my own simple and tasty version.
My homemade version of Hainanese Chicken Chop scored big. It turned out perfectly, both visually and in taste too. I am ecstatic to share the recipe.
Chicken fillet, breadcrumbs, an egg (beaten), carrot (cut into small cubes), onion (sliced), button mushroom(sliced), tomato sauce, soy sauce, ABC sweet soy sauce, corn starch, water, sugar, salt and pepper, cooking oil.
1. Marinate chicken fillet with some soy sauce, sugar, corn starch, salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
2. For sauce mixture, mix the following in a bowl - tomato sauce, soy sauce, ABC sauce, water, sugar, salt and pepper.
3. Coat the marinated chicken fillet with egg mixture follow by the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a pan, deep-fry the chicken fillet until it turns golden brown.
5. In a fresh pan, heat some oil and sauteed the onions. Add in the carrot cubes, button mushroom and sauce mixture prepared earlier. Thicken the sauce with corn starch solution.
6. Pour the cooked sauce onto the fried chicken fillet.
Serve the chicken chop with fries or rice. There you go the homemade version of Hainanese Chicken Chop.