Golden Spring Onion Pancake with Indian Daal Lentil Gravy

Thursday, September 19, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-


I can't stop dreaming about food. Perhaps, the glutton side of me has awaken by the early Autumn chill and I am having a deep craving for roti canai (also known as roti prata in Singapore), which is essentially a type of Indian flat bread.

A piece of freshly made, thin and crispy roti canai telur (with egg) is almost a mission impossible to locate in The Hague since there isn't any genuine Malaysian restaurant. Getting my kitchen messy for a slice of roti canai could be an option but is way too cumbersome for lazy geek like me. So, I decided to get the frozen version from my favourite Asia grocers.

It was not the usual roti prata I bought home, but the golden spring onion pancake or cong you bing (葱油饼), which has pretty close taste profile as roti canai but slightly thicker closely resemble the shape and size of roti bom. The usual roti prata might sound perfect to many but not for me as I am easily put-off by the overly-buttery taste.

You can either pop the cong you bing into the oven for 5 minutes or pan fry it over the heated pan.
The cong you bing does have the taste and texture of the roti bom back home and I seriously like it very much!

The cong you bing is just perfect to go with the daal from Chef India (home delivery service). I always has left over when I ordered the delivery service from Chef India. What I need to do is to heat up the left over daal with some potato and carrot cubes and pop the cong you bing into the oven for few minutes. Yeah, another great idea for Sunday branch!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...