Chipo Run Chipotle Mexican Grill London Review

Saturday, April 09, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

(Chipotle Mexican Grill) in London
My visit to London was rather brief, but it did not stop me from having a list of food I would like to taste in London, for which the famous Nando Chicken was top of my list. I somehow had a 360 degree change of  dinner plan when I spotted Chipotle Mexican Grill logo at Charing Cross Street. I was so excited with my "discovery" as I never thought I could get Chipotle restaurant in London. How lucky Londoners are...

For a first timer, I did not exactly know what to order despite the simple to understand menu. Hence, I did a quick online check on how to order and what best to order for a first timer. Burrito Bowl is the highly recommended option as the portion is generous and it is definitely value for money as compare to other options like Burrito, Tacos and Salad.

Chipotle Mexican Grill in London
I opted for a Barbacoa Burrito Bowl (shredded beef braised in a blend of Chipotle chili adobo, cumin, cloves, garlic and oregano) with coriander-lime rice, pinto beans, roasted chilli-corn salsa, romaine lettuce, tomatillo green-chilli salsa and guacamole. It literally blown my head away at the first bite. It was so so so good. The shredded beef was so flavorful and paired absolutely well with all the sides especially the tomatillo green-chilli salsa and guac. Creaminess of the guacamole, spiciness of the green-chilli salsa, the fragrance and zestiness of coriander-lime rice, made every spoonful so satisfying. 
Chipotle Mexican Grill in London
The online reviews suggested not to order the Tacos due to the small portion. For comparison wise, I did order a chicken Tacos. Yes, the portion was indeed 2x or 3x smaller than the Burrito Bowl. Judging from the images, it is a no brainer to my fellow readers which is the better option given that the Barbacoa Burrito Bowl costs £6.95 and the Chicken Tacos costs £6.70.

Despite the recent 'Chipotle food poisoning crisis'  in US, my love to Chipotle Burrito Bowl is unshaken. I am preparing for my next Chipo-Run either in Frankfurt or Paris.

For those who are new to Chipotle, this are the 4 steps to order your Chipotle.
Step 1: Choose either Burrito, Burrito Bowl, Tacos or Salad
Step 2: Pick the meat (steak, carnitas, chicken or barbacoa)
Step 3: Add rice, beans or fajita veggies
Step 4: Choose the toppings

You are free to choose any of the topping available at the food counter ranging from tomato salsa, tomatillo red-chilli salsa, sour cream, tomatillo green-chilli salsa, roasted chilli corn salsa, romaine lettuce, cheese and signature guacamole)

Chipotle Mexican Grill Address:
114-116 Charing Cross Rd.,
London, UK WC2H 0JR
T: 020 7836 8491
F: 020 7836 8468
Mon-Tue: 11:30 AM - 10:30 PM,
Wed-Thu: 11:30 AM - 11:00 PM,
Fri-Sat: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM,
Sun: 11:00 AM - 10:30 PM


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...