Simple Potato Carrot Mushroom Chicken Stew RecipeThis is one of those dishes I will make (especially on weekend) whenever I am cleaning my fridge.
Any 'old stocks" available in the fridge will be transformed into homey tasted dishes. The menu of the day is simply the Potato-Carrot-Mushroom Chicken. As the name suggests, you can definitely tell what are the main ingredients.
The dish is so simple to make yet it tastes super delicious. I can easily have 2 bowls of rice with it alone.
280g chicken breast (bite size), potatoes (cut into cubes), carrot (1cm thick slice), button mushroom (sliced), soy sauce, dark soy sauce, corn starch solution, cooking oil, sugar, salt and pepper, chopped scallion as garnishing.
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with some soy sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
2. For sauce mixture, mix the following in a bowl - soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and salt.
3. Par boil the potato cubes and carrot cubes until there are 70% cooked.
4. Heat up some cooking oil in the skillet and pan-fry the chicken pieces til light brown.
5. Add in the par-boiled potato cubes, carrot cubes, mushroom slices, sauce mixture prepared earlier and simmer for 3 minutes under medium low heat.
5. Think the gravy by adding in the corn starch solution i.e. mix corn starch with some water.
6. sprinkle some pepper and stir well.
7. Garnish the dish with some chopped scallion and serve.