How to cook Thai Pineapple Fried RiceThere were fresh pineapples for free sampling of in Føtex. That indeed had triggered my interest to attempt the Thai pineapple fried rice over the weekend. The typical Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is served in hollowed pineapple shell and fresh pineapple cubes are used. Pardon my cutting skill, I opted the canned syrup pineapple instead of the fresh pineapple.
1. Marinate the bite size chicken pieces with some salt, sugar, pepper and soy sauce. Set a side for 1 hour in the fridge for use later.
2. Sprinkle some curry powder onto the cooked rice and mix well. Since curry powder will overpower the overall flavor of the fried rice, hence, small amount will do, mainly for the coloring.
3. Heat up the oil in the pan, add in the chopped onions and stir fry till they turn fragrant.
4. Then add in the marinated chicken pieces and stir fry till they are cooked.
5. Add in the rice and seasoning and stir well.
6. Lastly, put in the pineapple cubes and corn kernels
Now, you may plate your fried rice and garnish it with cucumber slices, shredded egg, fried small shrimps, chili slices. There you go my version of Thai Pineapple Fried Rice.
a. Overnight rice is perfect for fried rice as it contains less moisture.
b. Fresh pineapple cubes are more succulent as compare to the canned version.
c. Fried dried shrimps help to enhance the overall taste of the fried rice. The savory salty flavor helps to balance up the sweetness from the pineapples.
d. If you prefer seafood, you may substitute the chicken cubes with shrimps.