Best Summer Dish Taiwanese Style Cold Noodles
Yeah, the great summer is finally here. I am so excited as I can now ditch all the thick clothing and start embarrassing the sun with sleeveless T-shirts and shorts. Besides ice- cream, I know exactly the perfect dish to be enjoyed during the hot summer. I bring to you the Taiwanese style cold noodle with sesame sauce.
2tbsp peanut sauce
1tbsp sesame sauce
2tbsp of warm water
1tbsp soy sauce
1tsp of sesame oil
1tsp rice vinegar
1clove of garlic (smashed)
noodles (any type of your favourite noodles)
1. In a bowl, dissolve the peanut sauce and sesame sauce with warm water.
2. Add in all other sauce ingredients - sesame oil, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce and minced garlic.
3. Cook the noodles based on the instructions on the package.
4. For chewy texture, run the cooked noodles in cold tap water for a couple of minutes.
5. Plate noodles in the center of the bowl, arrange shredded carrot, cucumber & egg around the noodles.
6. Drizzle the sauce, mix everything well and enjoy.
For the extra sauce, you may store them in a mason jar and keep in the fridge for use later. Before drizzling the sauce on the noodle, you just need to shake the sauce well in the mason jar. I usually make more sauce to last me for a couple of weeks.