Delicious Mushroom Eggplant Fritata Recipe
The best fritata i ever tried was the one at The Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria, Barcelona. Unlike the usual fritata (just egg with potatoes), this fritata was packed with plenty of greens i.e. eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato etc. The ingredients were so generous and it was not a surprise that a piece of fritata was almost as thick as a slice of regular Oreo Cheese Cake served in Starbucks.
Today I am going to replicate the tasty fritata with my favourite ingredients: button mushroom (250g, sliced), onion (2 medium size, sliced), eggplant (a medium size, cut into cubes), potatoes (400g, cut into cubes) and eggs (4 beaten eggs). Seasoning is very basic, merely some salt, sugar and pepper will do.
1. Heat up some cooking oil in skillet, pan fried the egg plant till soften. Set aside.
2. Repeat the same for potatoes. Pan fried till lightly golden brown. Set aside.
3. Next, sauteed the sliced onions. Once the onions are caramelized, add in the sliced button mushrooms.
4. Next, add in the eggplant and potatoes cubed prepared earlier and stir well with onion and mushroom.
5. Add in the seasonings, some pepper, sugar and salt (according to taste) and stir-well
6. Pour in the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Constantly slide the pan over the stove top, so the egg will not get burn. Preferable medium heat.
8. Place a wide and flat plate over the pan, then flip the pan.
9. Carefully place the fritata back to the pan with another side underneath the pan and cooked for another 5 minutes till the shape is set.
By then, you should have a perfectly intact and round fritata. Cut and serve your fritata with some salad. I am serving mine with vinegar dressing carrot salad.