Tasty Okonomiyaki @ Genki Tei, The Hague

Thursday, December 26, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Genki Tei @ Den Haag
Gosh, I was on food spell again. I can't get my mind off of the Okonomiyaki, the Japanese savory pancake. Thank God I have my faithful pal cum foodies, Phoebe to tag along for my food quest.

We were delighted with our pick of Japanese restaurant, Genki Tei @ Den Haag as their okonomiyaki turned out to be awesomely good. Served in hot plate, the okonomiyaki was packed with shredded cabbage and seafood goodies mainly squids and shrimps. The amount of sweet sauce and mayonnaise is just right, not too empowering. Check out how generous the bonito flakes sprinkled on top of the okonomiyaki. What a real treat ... 100% satisfactory! 
Genki Tei @ Den Haag
The okonomiyaki was just the starter as we still have other main course ordered, the teriyaki chicken set and Bento Fish Box (my favourite).

The teriyaki chicken was good. I like the charred taste of the chicken piece. After being drizzled with the sweet sauce, it was a big YUM! Perfect dish to go with a bowl of fluffy rice.
Genki Tei @ Den Haag
My all-time-favourite, the Bento Fish Box. The tempura is what drove me to 'revisit' the bento over and over again. I like the crispy and crunchy batter, same old description - crispy outside, juicy inside. Other condiments were great too, the grilled salmon was fresh, the salad with yuzu dressing was refreshing and the fish cakes were 'Q' and springy.
Genki Tei @ Den Haag


The tangy yuzu tempura dipping sauce is the star of the dish. It instantly cut through the oily tempura after a dip. Lovin' it!
Genki Tei @ Den Haag

Umm .. umm, I am pretty sure I will be back for another okonomiyaki treat again!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...